PostponeNEETUGtillOctober: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Undergraduate) scheduled to be held on September 12 will not be postponed, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has confirmed to India TV.
The National Eligibility (Undergraduate) Admission Test which was due to take place on September 12 will not be postponed, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has confirmed to India TV. This development comes against a backdrop of persistent requests to postpone the entry of medical examination until October.
“There is no change in the exam model per se. In fact, some options have been rolled out to help students. This time each subject will have two sections. Section A will have 35 questions and section B will have two sections. 15 questions Out of the 15, candidates can choose to answer 10 questions, so the total number of questions and the time usage will remain the same, ”NTA General Manager Vineet Joshi told India TV.
Previously, the test consisted of 180 objective-type questions (four options with one correct answer) from physics, chemistry and biology (botany and zoology).
Meanwhile, students took to Twitter using #PostponeNEETUGtillOctober to urge the testing agency to postpone the exam amid an impending third wave of the coronavirus pandemic, travel issues. Aspirants also said they would need more time to submit their application forms and study according to the modified paper model of the medical entrance test.
GOVERNMENT clears the air
In July, the government also informed parliament that it had no plans to suspend NEETs and other common entrance exams. Minister of State for Health Bharati Pravin Pawar had assured that the examination would be carried out with all necessary precautions and following all protocols, including maintaining appropriate behavior at Covid. In addition, she said that additional safeguards for candidates and exam staff are offered for the smooth running of the exam.
At the same time, the number of examination centers has been increased to avoid congestion and long journeys for candidates. The minister informed that the admission cards issued to candidates will carry a Covid e-pass to facilitate their travel and that the entry and exit of candidates from examination centers will be staggered.
All candidates will be screened at the point of entry for temperature recording. Persons detected with a temperature above normal will be allowed to take the examination in a separate isolation laboratory created for this purpose.