India vaccination drive: With more than 323.6 mn of vaccinations against Covid, India exceeds the United States in administered doses

India vaccination drive, which was hailed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as a drive which “keeps gaining momentum”, entered a new phase of vaccination on June 21.

India surpassed the United States on Sunday in terms of the total number of vaccinations performed against coronavirus disease (Covid-19) as its cumulative immunization coverage exceeded 323.6 million, according to the Department of Health. Union Monday.

A total of doses of the vaccine have been administered in India so far, according to the interim report until 7 a.m. on Monday. Of this number, 17 21 268 doses were administered in the past 24 hours.

Meanwhile, the United States has administered 32 33 27 328 doses of the vaccine since December 8. The UK, Germany, Italy and France administered 7.67 74,990, 7,14,37,514, 4,96,50,721 and 5, 24.57.288 doses respectively, according to the ANI news agency .

India’s vaccination campaign began on January 16, 2021, while the United States launched its campaign on December 14, 2020. The country’s vaccination campaign, which has been hailed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as a campaign which “continues to grow”, entered a new phase of vaccination on June 21.

“India’s vaccination campaign continues to gain momentum! Congratulations to all who are leading this effort. Our commitment remains vaccines for all, free for all,” Prime Minister Modi said.

As part of the new phase, all vaccine doses have started to be allocated to states and EU territories based on their population, vaccination progress and infection burden.

On top of that, the Center decided to buy 75% of vaccines from vaccine manufacturers for free supply to states, while private sector hospitals continued to source the remaining 25%. However, it was announced that private hospitals could not charge more than 150 of the pre-set price of each dose.

ALSO READ The Zydus Cadila’s Covid-19 vaccine trial will soon be completed. Here’s when 12-18-year-olds can get bitten

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top