Priyanka Gandhi Vadra: Kept in illegal containment, No FIR shown, Not allowed to meet a lawyer

New Delhi: Hours after her arrest, Congress Secretary General Priyanka Gandhi Vadra claimed on Tuesday that she was being illegally detained in the PAC compound in Sitapur and that no notification or FIR was provided to her, even after being detained for over 38 hours.

The congresswoman also said she was not allowed to meet with her legal adviser.

In a statement, she said she was not brought before a magistrate or other judicial officer, nor was she allowed to meet with her legal counsel, who was standing at the doorstep of the enclosure since morning.

“At this time, I do not go into the details of the totally illegal physical force used against myself and my colleagues at the time of my arrest, as this statement merely serves to clarify the continued illegality of my imprisonment at the compound. PAC from Sitapur, UP, “she said.

“I did not receive any order or formal notice. They also did not show me an FIR. I was not brought before a magistrate or other judicial officer either. Nor did I no longer been allowed to meet with my lawyer who has been standing at the door since morning, ”the Congress leader also said.

Priyanka Gandhi Vadra has been held in detention since Monday morning after wishing to meet the families of the victims of the Lakhimpur clashes.

In addition, Gandhi also alleged that he saw part of a social media document in which authorities named 11 people, including eight who were not even present at the time of his arrest.

In fact, they even named the two people “who brought my clothes from Lucknow on the afternoon of October 4,” she said.

Congress leader said she was placed under arrest as verbally informed by DSP Arrest Officer Piyush Kumar Singh, CO City, Sitapur under Section 151 at 4.30 am in morning on October 4.

“At the time I was arrested, I was traveling in Sitapur district, about 20 km from the border of Lakhimpur Kheri district, which fell under article 144. However, to my knowledge, article 144 n ‘was not imposed on Sitapur, ”she said.

“I was then taken to the PAC complex, Sitapur, accompanied by two women and two men. Having been brought to the PAC complex, no further communication regarding the circumstances or reasons, or the articles under which I was charged was disclosed. to me by the police or the UP administration until now – 38 hours later at 6:30 p.m. on October 5, 2021, “she said.

Meanwhile, former Punjabi congressman Navjot Singh Sidhu on Tuesday threatened to march towards Lakhimpur Kheri with other party members. Punjabi congressional activists will head to Lakhimpur Kheri in Uttar Pradesh if Priyanka Gandhi is not released and if the son of the Union minister accused of murder is not arrested, Sidhu warned.

A number of members of Congress came to support her and demanded her immediate release so that she could visit the families of victims of violence and share their grief.


Olympian Sushil Kumar Bail Denied By Delhi Court In Chhatrasal Stadium Murder Case

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top