Box office day at Mumbai Saga Day 2: Saturday’s Sanjay Gupta film collection dropped to 40 2.40 crore due to a 50% seating population limit.
The Mumbai Saga, which plays the role of John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi, has shown a decline in its second day of release, as cinemas were allowed to occupy only 50% of the population due to growing Covid-19 cases.
The film Sanjay Gupta opened with ₹ 2.82 crore on Friday but fell to ₹ 2.40 crore on Saturday. It now stands at ₹ 5.22 crore. Film commercial analyst Taran Adarsh shared the film collections on Twitter. He wrote, “#MumbaiSaga Fri 2.82 cr, Sat 2.40 cr. Total: ₹ 5.22 cr. # India biz.”
The crime scene, which reflects the changing city landscape of the 1980s and 90s, was originally scheduled to be released in June last year, but after cinemas closed during the national coronavirus outbreak, there were reports that the film could be digitally released.
John, who plays the villain in the film, had recently said in an interview that although releasing the film in theaters is a big risk, the group hopes people will come to the cinema halls. “It’s important to follow the rules and everything is followed. This is a great screen experience and not all films can be released on the OTT platform. I respect the venues. But Sanjay Gupta’s film is made for the big screen,” the actor said.