Google Search has updated its product review algorithm for in-depth evaluation and research with a brief overview of products. The focus of the update is to provide users with insightful analysis.
From now on, the update includes only the English language content. Google has shared a list of things to consider for those who create content to produce better product reviews for blog posts. Google also added a Full Coverage feature to its search this March.
The latest update is different from regular Google updates as this indicates product reviews. The renewal was released on Thursday.
Google explains in a blog post on its Search Central page that the latest update will reward users for content they find useful. “Google Search is always useful to show you the most relevant and useful information, by testing, trying, and reviewing processes.
In this regard, we know that people value product reviews that share in-depth research, rather than limited content that summarizes a large number of products.
That’s why we share the development of our quality system, which we call product review reviews, designed to better reward such content, ”reads the post.
The search engine also raised a list of questions for creators to consider based on product reviews:
- Display expert knowledge of products where appropriate?
- Indicate how the product is physically, or how it is used, with content other than that provided by the manufacturer?
- Provide limited estimates of how the product is rated at various stages of operation?
- Explain what sets a product apart from its competitors?
- Cover comparable products you can consider, or describe which products might be suitable for use or specific circumstances?
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a particular product, based on research in it?
- Explain how a product has changed from previous models or releases to provide improvements, problems, or otherwise help users in making a purchase decision?
Identify the key factors that determine product category decisions and how you make a product in those areas? For example, a car review may determine whether fuel economy, safety, and governance are key factors in decision-making and quality performance in those areas.
Describe the primary choice of how a product is made and its effect on users beyond what the manufacturer claims?
Last month, Google added a Full Security feature to its search. It is intended to help users get a comprehensive picture of news stories from a variety of sources, especially on complex news topics marked with ongoing updates.