IPL 2022 Retention, PBKS: It’s not every day that a player doesn’t want to be retained by their franchise, but it has happened in the case of KL Rahul and the Punjab Kings (PBKS). The former Punjab Kings captain was wanted by his franchise owners to stay on the squad, but the Indian opener had different plans.
According to a report in Cricbuzz, Ness Wadia, the co-owner of Punjab Kings, said that KL Rahul wanted to participate in the auction and not be retained by the franchise.
“He was our captain, we did our best (to keep Rahul). We wanted him to stay but he wanted to participate in the auction. He had different plans,” Ness Wadia told Cricbuzz. It is assumed that KL Rahul would be heading to the new Lucknow franchise.
The Punjab Kings (PBKS) have retained Arshdeep Singh and Mayank Agarwal. “We picked Mayank and Arshdeep as part of our strategy. In terms of bowling, we are confident Arshdeep will represent India soon. It is too early to say if Mayank will be captain but he is a talented and committed player. “, added Ness Wadia.
“Whatever we need to do we will do to improve and we are looking forward to having a good balance for the team,” he concluded.
Now that the Indian Premier League (IPL) franchises have finalized the players they wish to retain, let’s take a look at all of the players who have been retained by the franchises:
- Chennai Super Kings: Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni, Moeen Ali & Ruturaj Gaikwad
- Kolkata Knight Riders: Andre Russell, Varun Chakravarthy, Venkatesh Iyer & Sunil Narine
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: Kane Williamson, Abdul Samad, and Umran Malik
- Mumbai Indians: Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Suryakumar Yadav & Kieron Pollard
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell & Mohammed Siraj
- Delhi Capitals: Rishabh Pant, Axar Patel, Prithvi Shaw & Anrich Nortje
- Rajasthan Royals: Sanju Samson, Jos Buttler & Yashasvi Jaiswal
- Punjab Kings: Mayank Agarwal and Arshdeep Singh