The UP government has said the restrictions will continue in Lucknow, Meerut, Saharanpur and Gorakhpur but Noida and Gaziabad will have no restrictions.
Noida: The government of Uttar Pradesh has announced the lifting of restrictions on all provinces except 4 districts following the ongoing drop in Covid cases. The Yogi Adityanath government announced on Sunday that the opening process in the province will begin on June 7 onwards.
The UP government has said the restrictions will continue in Lucknow, Meerut, Saharanpur and Gorakhpur but Noida and Gaziabad will have no restrictions. Following the announcement, Gautam Buddha Nagar released new guidelines to be followed in the next Unlock section from Monday.
- Shops and markets outside containment zones will be allowed to remain open from 7 am to 7 pm from Monday to Friday.
- Vegetable markets located in densely populated areas will function in open places.
- Restaurants will only be allowed to operate home delivery services. Street hawkers and vendors will have to remain masked and follow 6 ft distance criteria along with other Covid guidelines.
- Weekend curfew will continue to remain effective from Friday 7pm. Over the weekend cleanliness, sanitisation and fogging campaigns will be carried out.
- Frontline workers can operate with 100 per cent attendance. However, for the rest of the government employees, there would be 50 percent attendance on rotation. A Covid help desk must be established at all offices.
- Industrial units will stay open following Covid appropriate guidelines with a mandatory Covid help desk.
- Places of worship will be opened and only 5 devotees will be allowed at a time in the premises. Visitors will have to abide by the Covid appropriate behaviour.
- A maximum of 20 people will be allowed at a funeral procession while only 25 members will be allowed in a wedding function subject to social distancing and sanitisation.
- The private sector has been asked to encourage the employees to work from home. No employee will be allowed to the offices with symptoms. Setting up of a Covid help desk has been made mandatory.
- Screening of passengers to be done as per appropriate guidelines. 2 Passengers will be allowed in 3 wheelers, 3 in e-rickshaw, and 4 in 4 wheelers all subject to propers distancing and wearing of masks.
- Schools, colleges, and educational institutes will remain closed. Online classes will continue for students.
- In addition coaching centres, cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, clubs, and shopping malls will also remain closed.
With 1,092 new cases of COVID-19 and 120 deaths in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday, the death toll in the province rose to 21,151, while the number of infections affected 16,97,352. Of the recent 120 killings, 12 were reported from Gorakhpur, 11 from Ayodhya, nine from Saharanpur, eight from Bareilly, seven from Lucknow and Shahjahanpur, among others.
Of the 1,092 new cases of coronavirus, 57 reported from Lucknow, 46 from Muzaffarnagar, 45 from Varanasi, 43 from Gautam Budhnagar and 40 from Meerut and Agra, among others.