Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) will not be taking the 9th grade entrance exams this year. This decision was made in the wake of a national crisis over the COVID-19 epidemic. India continues to report more than 3 lakh new cases of COVID-19 and more than 2,000 daily deaths over the past few weeks.
KVS in a statement said that this year, the 9th grade admission test has been canceled due to the COVID-19 epidemic and admission will be based on the first phase. Previously, admission to class 9 in Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) was done only on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test.
The COVID-19 epidemic has also affected the ongoing process of admission to class 1 in education 2021-22. KVS postponed the process and said a restart of the adoption process would be considered in the normal course of events.
The date for the demolition of Standard 1 admission lots has been postponed due to the unprecedented increase in COVID-19 cases in the country, KVS said. However, new registrations, applications or cancellations are not currently allowed.
KVS also announced summer holidays from May 3 to June 20, 2021.
KVs do not charge for any errors from children of less than 25 percent. Expenses as a result of NCERT books, stationery, stationery, uniforms, and transportation will be reimbursed for the production of eligible debts for approximately 25 percent of children admitted under RTE conditions, in accordance with the rules.
Of all the seats available for admission to Class 1 beyond 1247 Kendriya Vidyalayas in the country, 15 percent of seats are awarded to SC, 7.5 percent for ST, 27 percent for OBC, and 15 percent under the Right to Education (RTE).