IPL 2022 Retention: All 8 IPL franchises announced their successful players ahead of the IPL 2022 mega auction. And with that, speculation ended after a list of successful players was officially released on Tuesday. These 27 names surprised everyone in many ways after the retention process. Many IPL stars missed a spot on the list this time around. And for some young players, fortune shone.
Ravindra Jadeja and Rishabh Pant are at the top of the most expensive retained players along with Rohit Sharma. The all-around star of the Chennai Super Kings and the young captain of the Delhi capitals have been detained for Rs 16 crores.
5 most interesting facts about 2022 IPL retention:
- Salary cut for Virat Kohli & MS Dhoni: The most surprising thing about this IPL retention is the fall in salaries for MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli. These superstars were included in the team at a lower price this time around compared to previous years. While Virat Kohli was retained by RCB for Rs 15 crore, MS Dhoni was included in their squad by CSK for only Rs 12 crore.
- Jadeja replaces MS Dhoni: MS Dhoni, CSK captain since the first season, was retained by CSK in the second position. Ravindra Jadeja considered to be Dhoni’s close friend is kept at number one. Skipper Dhoni, whose team has won the IPL Trophy four times, has decided to come forward and accept a lower salary in preparation for his retirement. This brought Jadeja’s name to the forefront. Likewise, Virat Kohli’s salary has also fallen after announcing his resignation as RCB captain last season.
- Promising young players: Most of the names among the successful players are those of young players. The franchises did not trust their star players this time and decided to release them. These star players include big names like David Warner, Yuzvendra Chahal, Dwayne Bravo, Faf du Plessis. Selected players include Sanju Samson, Ruturaj Gaikwad, and Mohammad Siraj.
- Star players leave their squads: During the retention process, it was mainly up to the players to decide whether or not they wanted to stay with their squads. Many star players have decided to quit their squads because they couldn’t get the right price for themselves in the prescribed niche. These include KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, and Rashid Khan. These players are expected to get big bids in the IPL 2022 auction.
- Lottery for Uncapped Players: IPL franchises have expressed confidence in some star players as well as uncapped players. These cricketers were named to the team with the future in mind. The most talked-about name will be Yashasvi Jaiswal, who will continue with Rajasthan Royals. A price of Rs 4 crore has been set for uncapped players.
Yashasvi Jaiswal (Rajasthan Royals) – 19 years
Abdul Samad (Sunrisers Hyderabad) – 20 years
Umran Malik (Sunrisers Hyderabad) – 22 years
Arshdeep Singh (Punjab Kings) – 22 years