Gujarat School reopens: The government has directed the schools to conduct classes with 50% capacity.
Gujarat School reopens: The government of Gujarat has announced that schools in Classes 6 to 8 will reopen from September 2, 2021. According to the tweet from PTI, the government also ordered schools to provide classes with a capacity of 50 %.
Schools in Classes 9 to 12 with 50% capacity were reopened in the state from July 26, 2021. However, learning and teaching via the online mode were also continued for these classes. Schools had been instructed to follow all standard operating procedures or SOPs related to the coronavirus outbreak, such as wearing masks and maintaining social distancing, etc. view of declining corona cases.
Important Guidelines For Students To Follow:
- Students need to get a written permission from parents/guardians to come to school.
- Attendance of students in schools has not been made compulsory.
- It has been made mandatory for all children to come to school wearing a mask.
- Classes have been allowed to conduct only with 50 per cent student capacity.
- Students should not share any of their personal item with each other.
As the second wave of the corona is receding, many states have opened schools and colleges or are going to open in the coming days so that the children’s academic routine can be brought back on track. However, in view of the threat of the third wave of the Covid-19, the Himachal Pradesh government had decided to shut down schools till September 4. The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur in Shimla on Tuesday. Earlier orders were issued to keep schools closed till August 28.